What was the RPG Pipeline

The RPG Pipeline was a posting board to keep track of upcoming tabletop rpgs from 2015 to 2021 (this Blogger version began in 2019). It covered new English language ttrpgs and ttrpgs going into crowdfunding.

Wednesday 18 March 2020

Tiny Stories [Free]

Tiny Stories [Free]:

jlY9KV.jpg


[The following is written in Manila, a city that is, as of the time of this writing, under total lockdown]

Hi, momatoes here. There is a lot of uncertainty, a lot of anxiety, a lot of fear right now because of recent global events. And I feel it, deep in my bones. Because of this situation, I'm placed in a constrained position where I'm unable to game as freely as before. And even if online gaming were possible, I found it difficult to keep playing---knowing that I'm depressed, that I no longer have the energy to do anything complex, or even that I don't have the patience to set anything up. I just want to make stories with friends. I want escape from my current situation.

I made Tiny Stories in response to that. Tiny Stories is a freeform, storymaking game. Everyone pitches in and narrates whatever they feel should happen next. But every round, players have to contend with a twist. Whether the hero succeeds or not, something interesting and unique happens. And so the story goes on from there.

Tiny Stories is my tiny attempt at making things a little better. A little game, for friends who want to spend a little time together, in these complex and trying times. Please play Tiny Stories and blossom your own story in the safe comfort of your friends' companionship.

SUMMARY

  • Number of players: 2+
  • Equipment required: an online dice roller, or slips of paper
  • Hours of play: up to you
  • Game story and genre: also up to you
  • Features:
    • You can play it completely online. All you need is an online dice roller
    • You can play it completely offline. All you need are slips of paper
    • Create freeform, sandbox narratives
    • Everybody contributes to the story
    • No setup --- no character sheets, no trackers, no tokens
    • No game masters
    • No stress gameplay

No comments:

Post a Comment