What was the RPG Pipeline

The RPG Pipeline was a posting board to keep track of upcoming tabletop rpgs from 2015 to 2021 (this Blogger version began in 2019). It covered new English language ttrpgs and ttrpgs going into crowdfunding.

Sunday 23 May 2021

Maker [Free]

Maker [Free]:

H9Yo8r.png

I've been thinking a lot about hope as of late. It is no wonder I am so strongly attracted to Solarpunk, which is how I came across the inspiration for Maker.

Maker is a journaling RPG about hope. It came to me as I read "Write to the Future", an essay by Georgina Escobar about imagining impossible futures, and from imagining them making them possible.

Making impossible futures possible.

As I mentioned, I have been thinking a lot about hope as of late, specially as things only get worse in my country, and as I am sick myself.

That word, "make" kinda hit me in an odd way and it reminded me of the song

Maker, by Anjimile. Then I though of how by imagining an impossible future, you make it possible. And by doing so, you yourself are a Maker.

So every day as I imagine myself embarassing my now 2-year-old kid to their peers in teenagehood, telling them stories about making me get up in the middle of the night to prepare a bottle of milk, or running around the house after a naked baby trying to escape the shower, I realise I feel hope. 

And I hope that by imagining this not at all impossible future, I am a Maker, and that by imagining any futures at all, it is Made.

Think about the past, and how you changed from it. Write it down and it is Made.

Think about the now, and how it doesn't care about what passed or hope for what comes. Write it down and it is Made.

Finally, imagine the future, and as you imagine, it becomes possible. Write it down and it is made.

Take this game and be a Maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment