What was the RPG Pipeline

The RPG Pipeline was a posting board to keep track of upcoming tabletop rpgs from 2015 to 2021 (this Blogger version began in 2019). It covered new English language ttrpgs and ttrpgs going into crowdfunding.

Thursday 30 September 2021

Princess of the Universe [$12.99]

Princess of the Universe [$12.99]:

1Qyt6R.png

Here you stand, bearing arms in the name of Virtue against the arrayed villains of the distant planet Eidolon.

You have great powers, and great responsibilities, and you are entirely up to the challenge of both.

The challenge to be...

PRINCESS OF THE UNIVERSE!

Virtuous heroes. Operatic villains. Wondrous landscapes.

I loved the fantasy toys and cartoons of my childhood. The pure fantasy, the toyetic vehicles, the weird world, the fact that you could defeat a villain with one sock to the jaw. Or, better yet, by tossing them in a puddle of mud.

At the same time I was watching the heroic action, I was learning about things that would matter to me my whole life, and absorbing images that would shape my career in fantasy gaming. And I know I’m not the only one.

But some of us didn’t see ourselves in those toys and cartoons, especially as we grew up. There wasn’t a gay heroic warrior, or a trans rebel against the hordes of evil. And the shows were awfully white. While later generations of TV have improved on that, it remains an absence keenly felt. This game is about reclaiming our storytelling roots by building them around our present identities.

So for everybody who watched fantasy cartoons and desperately wanted all the matching toys, this game is for you.

For DriveThruRPG users: Selling through itch gets me a higher royalty than DTRPG. However, if you're more comfortable there, I'm happy to offer it -- click here for the DriveThru page! Thank you for your support in any form! <3

In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $12.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:

No comments:

Post a Comment